We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
The different types of ballroom dance are a fantasy for most of us because they look romantic from afar, and in recent years, they are no longer just an old art form.
New and exciting dance steps have upgraded the good old ballroom dancing.
If you are planning on learning and getting to know the easiest ballroom dance to learn, we are here to help.
Whether you are planning to perform a dance sequence on your wedding or any other important event of your life, or you want to start your professional ballroom dancing career, there are a few things to remember.
- Tips for Dance Newcomers
- If you are ready, here is the list of the easiest ballroom dance to choose from:
- Ballroom Dancing Beyond Movements
Tips for Dance Newcomers
How can a beginner become a pro at ballroom dancing?
Here are a few tips you need to consider:
- Firstly, identify the different types of ballroom dance correctly. This is the best way to realize which ballroom dance is easiest for you. The numerous dancing styles have their own pros and cons.
- Relax your body and let the music and its rhythm flow through it before you even take your first step. Familiarize yourself with the beat of the music.
- Learning to dance is just like any other fun activity, so don’t overburden yourself with competitive thoughts. Let it come to you naturally.
- Follow your dance teacher with your eyes and focus on their movement. Ask questions when you feel the need.
- Look closely at the posture and movements required for the dance.
Repeat the steps in front of a mirror because this will build your confidence.
As what they always say, practice makes you perfect or master skills so can be said for ballroom dancing.
Learning to dance in an elegant manner requires persistence and time.
If you are ready, here is the list of the easiest ballroom dance to choose from:
Swing is a variation of the jive dance that got popular in the 1930s and was introduced by Cab Calloway.
He was an American dancer and singer who loved the happy and energetic dance moves required by jive.
This is a great dance style for young and energetic individuals.
Swing is a sassy ballroom dance that will get you going, and you will definitely enjoy its steps.
Here are the simple steps to perform it…
- The footwork is tricky starting from the left foot and then moving one foot behind the other foot and lifting the front foot up. This is called the rock step.
- Next, you need to perform triple-foot action, moving from left to right which is called chasse movement.
- End with the rock step.
- The hand movement of the partner changes as they move to and from.
History tells us that foxtrot was introduced in 1910.
It is a slowly progressive ballroom dance that is easy to learn for beginners, especially since it has simple steps.
With easy gliding movement on the floor, Foxtrot is the epitome of smooth, graceful movements to impress anyone.
Here are the simple steps to perform Foxtrot:
- Start with your left foot and walk two steps forward.
- Pause and take a quick step to your left.
- Repeat the first step in forwarding motion.
The steps work in the opposite order for the female, and the dance starts with backward motion and right foot.
You really don’t have to be the perfect dancer to perform a waltz, and that is what makes it even effortless.
Derived from the German language, waltz means to roll or glide along.
Originated from Austria, this dance is now widely accepted and performed all over the world.
You might not know this, but waltz has been massively criticized.
Professional dancers disliked it because it lacked any complicated dance movements or postures and was simple to learn; thus, ending business for them.
Religious figures also considered it obscene and vulgar due to the closed position of partners.
Nonetheless, it is now one of the popular dances around the world.
Here are the simple steps to perform Waltz:
- Starting off, you have to move forward with one foot and then bring the other foot forward.
- Then move to the right.
- Now move backward in a similar pattern and then step to the left.
In case you are looking forward to some flirty ballroom dancing, Rumba is more of your style.
It is an incredibly romantic dance form with slow movements that are easy for the newbies.
Originating from Cuban dances, it is perfect for the bride and groom at the wedding.
Here are the simple steps to perform Rumba:
- Start with most of your weight on the left foot and then sway to the right side.
- Then bring the right foot in.
- Change weight from the left foot to the right foot once.
- Now end with bringing the left foot back to starting position and then bring the right foot in.
- Now shift weight between the right and the left leg.
5. Cha Cha
Cha Cha is a Cuban ballroom dance that generated from mambo and danzon dance styles.
When the dancers’ feet touch the ground, they make a funny noise like Cha Cha, and that was how the dance form was named.
Here are the simple steps to perform Cha Cha:
- Move to your side with the left foot.
- Glide the right foot to the left foot.
- Quickly move the right foot behind the left foot by taking a step backward.
- Now bring the right foot forward and take a triple step as you sway your hips from side to side.
- Now take a step forward and sway your hips thrice.
- Come back to the starting position.
- Take a step back and sway your hips thrice and come back to the starting position.
Ballroom Dancing Beyond Movements
Now that you have grasped the basics of the easiest ballroom dance to learn, making a decision is simple.
Choose a dance form that you connect with whether it is the sensual rumba or the more classic waltz.
Relax and enjoy the music as you sway with your partner and glide along the floor confidently.
Remember, it comes naturally, and the more relaxed you are, the easier it will be to dance impeccably.
Share the Love!
Basic Ballroom Dance Steps A Quick Guide: Click “Next Page” Below!
Ballroom Dance Planet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon… Read our Affiliate Disclosure.